Welcome to Moondrops Yoga

Check out the blog and then check out my website at: www.moondropsyoga.com. You can also find my fan page on Facebook at Moondrops Yoga or follow me on Twitter: @MoondropsYoga

Monday, October 26, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to the Moondrops Yoga blog...

A few news updates:
The new DVD is nearing completion and release. I will post a link when it is ready for ordering with all the details. This is a great mixed level Iyengar based class with a section explaining several poses in depth.

I will also be posting some FREE yoga up on my Youtube channel soon so that you can find things there that you can do at home for a quick hit of yoga anytime.

I am also working on some online yoga classes that can be done in real time so that I can see and hear you and you can see and hear me. The closest thing to being in my class with me!!! Also if you or someone you know has special needs I am doing private consults on the phone and creating custom DVD's based on your individual needs. I am specializing working with MS patients and people suffering with chronic pain.

My websites will be up soon as well, so be looking for announcements as things start coming online in the next few weeks.

I have been thinking a lot about pain and living with pain whether it is chronic from disease or condition or from repetitive motion or injury. I work with a lot of people transitioning from physical therapy, MS and chronic pain. I also hear from my students on a regular basis about neck and shoulder pain and low back pain. We ask our bodies to do so much every single day and carry so much stress and strain in our bodies. All that stress can lock up several key areas in your body which means you just hold on to the pain and the stress, a vicious cycle. Yoga helps to open and release the body which can then release the pain and the stress. Just breathing can help the body release. A lot of times when we are in pain or stressed we take short and shallow breaths in the upper chest and all that does is clench that pain and stress up even more than it was.

Here is a simple trick to do during the day when you are working or just busy doing your thing. Take a couple of minutes at different times during the day to close your eyes and focus on your breath. Make sure you are sitting tall so the breath has room to move. Relax your face and jaw. If you are a jaw clencher, relax your tongue down into the bottom of your mouth and soften both sides all the way back to your throat. Now relax your belly and allow your inhale to relax all the way down into your deepest belly. Let your belly be soft and pliable with your breath. You can take both of your hands and place them on your belly below your belly button so that you can feel the breath move all the way down. You can also place your right hand on your heart and your left hand on your low belly. Flow into a three part breath, fill the belly first, the solar plexus next and then expand through the lungs and chest. Take your time and breath for awhile into all that space and let your body relax and release with every exhale. Ah, now doesn't that feel better???

More coming....

Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment